Thursday, August 13, 2009

Rifqa Bary



Please read the story over at Infidel Bloggers Alliance.

I have worked in Christian education for over two decades. After watching the above video, I thought back to the mid 1980s, to one of the Pakistani girls in my sixth-grade class. She wrote in her end-of-year essay that (1) she was a secret Christian and (2) she could never tell her parents about her conversion. She further stated that the reason she never learned her Bible verses during the school year was that her parents didn't allow her to have a Bible in the house. Back then, I didn't know the truth about Islam. Back then, I was one of those fools who believed "Islam is just another religion."

I often think of this girl now. I wonder where she is and what's happened to her. Grapevine news this past spring has it that she was sent back to Pakistan and married off to an old man, one of the family cousins. Nobody has heard from her in a long, long time. Her older sisters, college material while the girl in my class was not, stayed here in the United States.

My point....Lest any reader of this post think that Rifka's story is automatically false, think again.

No comments: